Tuesday, May 09, 2006

What's wrong with me?

There must be a psychological explanation for the crisis or syndrome I'm experiencing now. I don't think it's homesickness, but at this moment I want out. I have the urge to get out of Japan, avoid Japanese food, TV, being around Japanese people so much and studying Japanese for a short while. It's not an overwhelming feeling, but it's gradually seeping into my consciousness. I asked myself today why can't Japan be more internationalised for a developed country or multi-cultural. Why does everything have to so Japanised? Is this something that many foreigners face at some point in their lives here? Janet, Ricky & Peter are all leaving Japan in July and are really looking forward to it. I'm not mentally ready to leave Japan for good yet as I've not achieved my purpose for coming & there're many things here that I can't bear to give up. But I can totally understand their feelings.

I know this is only a phase and it'll go away. Or I could be just experiencing a really bad case of PMS. Whatever it is, I hope it'll end soon.

No comments: