I finally found a nearer place that teaches salsa. Omiya city is only 15 mins by train while it takes me 1.5 hours (one way!) to travel to Roppongi! Imagine the time I saved travelling today. It's not a school, but a small hostess club that hires salsa instructors to teach on Saturdays. (No wonder men were staring at me when I was searching around that area..must be wondering what brought me there.) I planned to go to Roppongi one week & Omiya the other as I thought they only have classes fortnightly. But to my delight, they do have lessons every week, but by different instructors.
However, the glitch is that they teach the L.A. style which confused me a little tonight & there's no full length mirror (small problem though). So now I have to decide which style I want to stick to learning. I'm not smart enough to learn two styles at the same time! I like the mixed style at the school in Roppongi, but the travelling always puts me off. Because of the distance I don't go every week. The L.A style (a lot of styling) is nice too and the place is really so much nearer. Moreover, I get to stay at the club to dance after the class ends! Seems that I'm already favouring the latter. But I'm just going to try one more class before I decide. It's quite frustrating to give up something you're used to for something new.
There was a couple at the class tonight. I'm always envious of people like them as it means having a partner to practice at home or to go dancing at latin clubs. What's the point & fun of learning a dance if you don't get to dance it socially? Sure, I can always go to clubs with guys that I learn with if they invite me. But there's always a worry that they might be trying to hit on you too! Not all guys are like that but the thing is you'll never know who are the ones that don't only have dancing on their minds until it's too late. Sigh...if only I have a Latin boyfriend whose moves are as hot as he looks!
Saturday, May 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment