Sunday, January 22, 2006

The adventure continues

The other kids left to go out with their parents, leaving only the runny nose boy and his mother with me (I should have asked his name!) Coincidentally, Ricky (AET from Ireland) and his wife Taoe (ex-AET from Melbourne) came out of their apartment. They were going to do their grocery. But being a big kid at heart, Ricky started to play with the boy. Look at him "bullying" him with his snowballs! And it came to Ricky to start building a huge snowman so that he can put it at some annoying place for the fun of it. I love Ricky! He's always so full of weird ideas.
So off he went, bending & going round the complex rolling and rolling big balls of snow. He was really into it! The little boy helped with the small and weird looking snowman. But after he went home with his mum, Ricky, Taeo and I continued our big project. Ricky was rolling the balls. Taeo and I helped to clean the dirty parts by patting clean snow on them. I didn't have my gloves on for quite some time and it was a stupid thing to do! My hands were stinging from the cold. It was fun knocking off and collecting the snow resting on the tree branches.


I went to Janet's place to see if I could get some chocolates for the eyes. But she offered me 2 small mandarin oranges instead. She finally came to join us when the snowman was almost done. So our snowman has oranges for his eyes, broccoli for his eyebrows, a carrot for his nose, stones for his mouth and buttons. I named him "Mr. International" because he was built by people from different countries! The last time I saw him, he was dead lying half smashed on the ground. The kids probably got him as I heard peals of delighted laughter while taking my bath.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the photo of the runny nose boy running away from the man, and also the one of the same boy building the snowman, you need to find out his name and maybe in 10 years time, show him the photos of him building a snowman...that would be really nice. Ive got photos of myself when I was like 9 or 10 building a snowman in my back yard in Scotland, and I really treasure those photos. Happy happy days.

Anonymous said...

I will. He's my favorite kid now, after Taka chan! Erm, but I doubt I'll still be in Japan 10 years later. :p