Saturday, January 21, 2006

The real adventure begins!

The snow fell quietly in the background for hours as I wrote and did my housework. I was waiting for the children to come out to play in the snow. After hearing their cries of laughter, I went out tentatively to join them. We had gentle snowball fights because you must remember that I'm from the tropics and a stranger to snow fights! Their snowballs were too small anyway to do any harm, except for the gang leader's. His was HUGE!



The kids were really having fun eating the snow as well. They would roll it into balls and bite heartily into it, as if they were the most delicious thing in the world! The snowfall was really amazing by then. Our typical,ordinary residential complex was transformed into a magical playground. This is the first time that I was playing with snow and felt half embarrassed and excited. Embarrassed because there were adults there watching me playing with the kids. I probably revealed that I'd never seen that much snow in my life. I guess such emotions show easily.

No comments: