Saturday, January 14, 2006

A "moment" with Suzuki

Apparently there's a boy, Suzuki, in 1年3組 who's in love with me. I had no idea who he was at first. I got asked, "Do you love Suzuki?", "Do you like Suzuki or ......?" "Do you like Mr. Suzuki?" umpteen times on the English cards of his classmates. To which I replied, "I don't know him!". But out of curiosity as to what are the types of boys that like me, I did find out who he is. :p And he's pretty embarrassed that his classmates are teasing him and that I know. Anyway, he's the only person in that class whom I know by the name. I'm not expected to remember the students' names. Thus I can only remember the names of the students whom I find cute or are too outstanding in class in a positive or negative (this is more likely!) way. Well, these are usually the boys.

I had to pick some pairs in 1年3組 for an activity yesterday. Not knowing their names, I had to point and say the "girl or boy over there". Often, I get laughed at for reading their names in kanji wrong. The students love that! Sometimes they would deliberately tell me the wrong reading when I ask for confirmation. But when it came to Suzuki's turn, I addressed him by his name. And that invited a lot of "oohhs", "ahhs" and "Suzuki kun...hehehe" by the boys. Even the JTE was smiling. I don't think he was the only one who was shy about it because the response from the class made me blush as well. It's unbelievable that I can still blush over a 14 year old boy at my age!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aiyah....just so sweet....your posts make me smile and remember back to my own school dayze, its just so interesting to see it from the pov of the teacher. And I can guarantee you theres more than 1 boy in love with you at the school

You really have a talent for describing a situation (even without photos), I particularly enjoyed that story of the little bullied boy who handed you back the dirty tissue after blowing into it...total classic.

I cant wait to read more!

Anonymous said...

Oh thanks! Didn't expect my writing to be so interesting. :p I only wish I have pictures of the kids to show too. But pity I don't have your talent! I really did enjoy your commentaries too. It's interesting to know about your thoughts and anecdotes while snapping. And it's heart-warming to read the encouraging comments left by other people in your guestbook. It just makes one want to pursue his/her dreams!

Anonymous said...

Hey thanks Cynthia, Im sure you will get some great pics of kids too, essentially Im able to do it by being quick with the camera, and being able to act like a big kid when around the kids!!
Remember that your first 10,000 shots are your worst so get shooting, it also helps if you have a responsive camera, and you live in the country where the cameras are cheapest in the world, so take advantage and get one (preferably a DSLR). And if you ever come to singapore I can teach you. Imagine that...me teaching a teacher :)