The school nurse says there's a different virus spreading in each level. So there are 3 different viruses mingling and wreaking havoc in our school now. I probably caught mine from the 1 nensei. The 3 nensei are probably the safest because most of them have taken the flu injection. They can't afford to be sick during this critical period - preparing for their high school entrance examinations. But I can still see some of them wearing a mask around their mouths, a pretty common sight in Japan. Till now, I can't bear to wear it. It looks ridiculous to me!
I feel as if I'm fighting a long battle with the viruses every day. While in school, I can feel myself getting defeated as my body becomes weary and aching, and my head gets really heavy. I don't even care not to take a short nap on my desk in full view of the staff when that happens. My head is so heavy that it can't support itself. I would doze off to sleep while marking or reading. When I return home, I would feel better after a hot bath and some rest. But the vicious cycle continues once I step into the school.
Only the 1 nensei seems unaffected by this. They are still as genki and rowdy as ever. Most of them.
Thursday, January 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment