Saturday, January 07, 2006

My wish list

Pineapple tarts (those with pineapple on the top, and homemade by my nanny's friend), my dad's cookies (especially his wheatgerm and apricot cookies!!!), my mum's pan-fry prawn rolls, my family's homemade chilli sauce, century eggs, my nanny's cheng teng, chilli crab, chilli crab buns, kueh tutu (both peanut and brown coconut flavours), chinese parsley, bittergourd, nasi lemak, DURIANS, my grandmother's fried bee hoon and chicken curry, carrot cake (plain ones w/o the sweet sauce), sugar cane juice, roti prata.......................or anything that is authentic and delicious chinese, local, southeast asian food!

My stomach is very lonely without these food. Knowing that Chinese New Year is just round the corner, it has made me start craving for New Year goodies. Now it has extended to include more. No amount of delicious Japanese food can give me the satisfication the food I grew up with gives me. Arghh, I guess I have to wait until I go back for the holidays.

No comments: