Monday, January 23, 2006
Irreplaceable memories
Forgotten memories....Many memories have escaped my mind. There must have been a string of memories left in my wake, but I can't recall all of them. But there are also those long forgotten memories that resurfaced at particular times in my life. Those memories left marks in my subconsicous mind, buried deep down after layers and layers of new memories that threaten to replace them. But those memories can only be temporarily forgotten, never replaced. Thinking back to my childhood, the strongest memories are of the years after my parents' divorce. The memories during my teenage years centred around my mum's remarriage. My young adult memories, locked far away in Melbourne, revolved around my past but first real relationship. I don't know what shape the memories I have now will take yet. But when looking back from the future to the times I've had in Japan, the faces & voices of my students may perhaps remain the most vivid. The faces of innocence, playfulness, and hope.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment