




Look at how everything is covered with snow! My bike is going to be very dirty after the snow starts to melt tomorrow. :( I had my rain coat on to protect my clothes. Those are my foot prints...size 4, 22.5 cm in Japan. You can also see my foot prints all the way up to my apartment. I almost slipped a few times while walking up and down the stairs. Like a beautiful woman, snow can be dangerous too. It can kill you if you're not careful! Sadly,more than a hundred people (mostly elderly) have died this winter in the snowiest parts of Japan (Niigata & Nagano) due to falls and fallen blocks of snow crashing down.
8 comments:
Another great posting Cynthia, reminds me of when I was back in home in Edinburgh, I hadnt seen snow in years (as I had been in Singapore), I wandered outside crunching though the soft untouched snow. It was a great feeling, freezing cold, but silent and enchanting to be the only one walking about.
Also, on a technical note, see how some of the photos focus in on the background, and not the foreground, a dslr will focus properly and avoid that :)
How long would you be in Singapore? Edinburgh..I remember it from a book series I used to read over & over again since I was seven. It's a story set in London about a young girl's resilient dream to be a ballerina. And her dream took her to places all over Europe and beyond. Now that you mentioned Edinburgh, it makes me want to read that series again.
Im not sure how long Im going to be in singapore. Not leaving soon, Ive too many countries to explore in SE Asia.
Edinburgh, my home, the place where I normally say "aye" but now ive gotten used to saying "yeah lah" instead. If I ever go back and say that to my friends, they will wonder what on earth I am saying.
Canadians say "aye" at the end of their sentences too! Although I hardly have the chance to speak Singlish here, it's hard to lose that accent.I don't necessarily like it, but it comes out so naturally once I speak to my family & friends. :0 What other languages do people in Scotland speak besides English?
In scotland there are a small groups of people who speak gaelic, its a really wierd language.
About the Aye, I dont say it at the end of my sentances but rather at the start...for instance like "aye, ah will help ya oot" (not a typo) but now I say "yeah lah, ah will help you out"
And about reverting back to your own accent I know exactly what mean, its uncanny the way we change our accent subconciously depending on who we talk to.
It sounds cute. Does it sound similar to Gaelic in Ireland? And how different is Scots from English?
haha, its not that cute, especially when i try to tell taxi drivers where to go and the old uncles cant get past my accent, thats when I have to resort to using my cantonese which im not really comfortable with.
Scottish is really just like english except we have slang for some words.
For instance:
ken = know
bog = toilet
dinnae = don't
out = oot
example: help me oot pal, ah dinnae ken where the bogs are :)
Wow, I wouldn't understand a word if I heard that. And foreigners complain that Singlish is hard to understand! :p Hmm, I wonder if Singlish can be considered a language of its own. Because in that case, I'll be able to say that I speak 4 languages. Heh.
Post a Comment