Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Bad weather forecast

It's such a cold and gloomy day. While riding back home from school, I could feel the cold rain on my face. I believe it's called a mist rain as it falls silently and really softly. Never get that back home. The weather today reflects my mood perfectly. There's a dark cloud hanging over me. Perhaps the after effects of the excitement of my first day of school has left me feeling pretty low key. My Japanese tutor once said that the mood of a young lady never stays the same for long. Guess I can't disagree with that.

I had to repeat my 50 min long self-introduction at each class so many times here. After 2 schools, I'm getting really sick of talking about myself. Beginning to feel that I won't be doing much teaching at Weird Teacher's classes. Along with him and another female JTE (who's younger than me), there're 3 of us in the 2 nensei classes. But we might as well be invisible to the students because they don't seem to sense any kind of authority in the classroom. The younger JTE behaves more like a student rather than a teacher. And Weird Teacher is just being his usual self. I really don't understand why he's a teacher! He doesn't teach anything well! In his classes, the teacher talks and the students don't listen. I gave up trying to talk only after the students quietened down after a few times. There was hardly a moment of silence as they talked and laughed among themselves. So I just raised my voice and tried to talk over them, not caring if anyone was listening or not.

It doesn't really upset me (although I may sound upset here), because after team teaching with so many JTEs here with their varied teaching styles, I've become resigned to the fact that the type of classes I get is totally dependent on them. There's simply nothing that I can do.

No comments: